Author Topic: Heat Tracks List  (Read 1354 times)

Offline ffsbudman

• "Game Junky"
  • MOD Militia
  • Rookie
  • Speed Addict
    • FFS Racing
Heat Tracks List
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
I asked several years ago that the Sunset Speedway you have listed be replaced with the Sunset SpeedwayV2 version which you can get at ffsracing.com and it was never done. PLEASE do my request or remove Sunset Speedway from your database. You have the OLD V1 of Sunset and that could cause problems. THANKS for helping me with this !!!!

PEACE 8)
"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands"

Offline SPONGEZILLA

• Da' Mackdaddy
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • http://www.slingindirt.com
Re: Heat Tracks List
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 04:41:35 AM »
Oops...  not sure I ever got a message or anything on that?  I don't recall seeing it? 

Do me a favor, send me a copy of the track (or just a link to it) and I'll see if I can replace what we have with the one you have. 

Do me a favor too...  if you have Facebook, add me on there (Marcus Mackey) and I'll add you to the Slingindirt Facebook group.  We have more activity on there than here (unfortunately) but we also had to make it a secret group to drive off some of the riff-raff.  It'd give you an idea of where a lot of the tracks and the activity level in RFactor dirt at the present.  I'm sure they'd love to have more tracks though.  :)

MySpace * MyFaceBook - Skin painter, not for hire.

Offline ffsbudman

• "Game Junky"
  • MOD Militia
  • Rookie
  • Speed Addict
    • FFS Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:54:10 PM »
http://ffsracing.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

at the bottom of the page and THANKS for ya help. I did send you a friend request on FB  (Joel Watkins)

Do you have contact with Stiz or know where he is ?

PEACE 8)

Offline SPONGEZILLA

• Da' Mackdaddy
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • http://www.slingindirt.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 03:53:21 AM »
He just posted a post under General Blab entitled "What have I missed?" from March of this year.  I just PM'ed him on here as I'm trying to get him in the Slingindirt Facebook group.  There's a lot more activity amongst people over there. 

We really need to revamp this place and get it more active (most of us aren't really gung-Santa Claus about the Facebook but it does have 2,000+ users and there's a lot more chatter and activity over there on a regular basis) but...  not a ton of incentive right now as it's kind of dead.  I think RFactor is in the same state Heat was by the end of SLM at this point. 

Everyone's looking forward to iRacing and/or whatever the next mods for the next mod-capable platform are -- I kind of feel like iRacing will set the bar that all future mods will have to reach to for dirt (and probably asphalt -- I'm disappointed with the asphalt late model end of things as they're lacking a significant amount of tracks, least of which is affected by iRacing's decision to require all tracks they make to have infield pits and a requirement that you enter from the infield vs. from outside of the track).  Whether that's something like PiBoSo's World Racing Series (http://www.worldracingseries.net) or Big Ant with Dirt Track (assuming they ever figure out a way to ship) or something else (RFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, the forthcoming *new* NASCAR Heat Evolution by Monster Games Inc. [someone said it was coming out for PS4, XBox One and PC...  but I've yet to see where the PC was mentioned], etc) remains to be seen.

I definitely think modding is going to continue on.  There's only so much content iRacing will give us.  There's also the reality that it'll be a limited pool whatever we get.  A high quality pool, but they raise the bar and we go and try to match it as best we can and where we can't beat it in one method...  we can beat them in other ways.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:20:55 AM by SPONGEZILLA »

MySpace * MyFaceBook - Skin painter, not for hire.

Offline ffsbudman

• "Game Junky"
  • MOD Militia
  • Rookie
  • Speed Addict
    • FFS Racing
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 07:59:58 AM »
The Nascar Heat Evolution for PC is going to be available on Steam they say. We'll see. From the trailer I seen it doesn't look that great compared to what is available now. Assetta Corsa is mod able kinda like rFactor.